The Liturgy Group of The Holy Trinity Church Adare was formed in 2007. The purpose of the group is to enhance parish liturgies and prayer and to encourage Christian community by promoting collaborative ministry and active participation of the faith community.
During its time the liturgy group has been very active and the following is a summary of some of its activities.
- Organization and preparation of special liturgies for Christmas and Easter and special holy and feast days.
- Organization of special ceremonies for Easter. Live Stations of the Cross are enacted by a wide section of the community, but mostly involving teenagers and young people. This prayerful event takes place each year in the town park and proves very popular with all who participate.
- A wonderful ecumenical seder meal which was prepared and enjoyed by about 15 people.
- Annual youth masses for students doing exams.
- Family masses with involvement of first holy communicants.
- Special preparations for ordination of a local young man to the community of Glenstal.
- Special bereavement liturgy for those who suffered the loss of a child.
- Special liturgy for the Holy souls.
- Decoration of church for special events, Christmas, Easter, Pentecost etc.
- Visual display area depicting the Sunday Gospels, cultural celtic display for St Patrick’s Day, Resurrection cross and empty tomb, remembrance shrine for those who died during year from parish, Lenten garden, etc.
- Lectio Divina for Advent and Lent, also an ecumenical event.
Present active members of Liturgy group are: Mgr. Daniel Neenan, Margaret Caulfield, Mary Sexton, Tracey Fitzgerald, Antoinette Collins, Gabrielle Higgins and Catherine Hickey.
Chairperson: Antoinette Collins.
Being part of the Liturgy group is both enriching and rewarding, but also involves active commitment. We welcome new members.